General Purpose Data Modem
Icom have introduced a new series of data modem radios which will allow businesses and other organisations to send data/information over a radio network.
Icom’s new ‘data transceiver’, called the IC-F5122DD series allows point-to-point and point-to-multipoint communication. One radio can communicate with another radio or multiple units with individual, groups and all data calls. The radio may also be useful for telemetry and low-speed supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA).
The IC-F5122DD series uses either licensed VHF/UHF bands and delivers 25W of high output power from a MIL-STD rugged chassis. This general-purpose transparent data modem also features serial and Ethernet interfaces for greater flexibility, a data encryption function (500 codes) and 128 channels.
The IC-F5122DD series will be ideal for the following applications:
• Vehicle management (e.g. farming, airport ground crews)
• Traffic monitoring (e.g. road/highway construction)
• Remote system management for utilities (e.g. water plants, electricity meters) and oil (e.g. pipelines, well drilling)
• 9600bps (at 12.5kHz) and 4800bps (at 6.25kHz) data mode programmable
• RS-232 and RS-232 + Ethernet versions
• Fast data transfer using 4-level FSK modulation suitable for real-time data monitoring
• 25W, 10W and 2.5W three-step RF output power
• BNC antenna connector
• Individual, group and all calls
• Data encryption function (500 codes)
• Memory channel selection via PC control command
• Optional CS-F5120DD, Programming Software and OPC-2218LU, USB type Programming Cable