The IC-F5012 mobile transceiver series is the successor to Icom’s best selling IC-F110S series and is designed as a simplified counterpart to Icom’s IC-F5022 series. This series has many attractive features and an uncomplicated LED display that makes it ideally suited to small to mid-sized radio systems such as taxi operators, construction companies, security firms and farmers.
Multi 5-tone function built-in
The IC-F5012 series has built-in 5-Tone, CTCSS and DTCS signalling capabilities for group communication. The IC-F5012 series can decode up eight 5-tone codes on a channel. The following actions are programmable to respond to each tone.
• Beep sound
• LED lighting
• Answer back call
• Auto TX
• Stun, kill revive
• External output*
* External device connection such as a horn honk, buzzer, etc is required.
Internal option units available
The IC-F5012 series has an internal 40-pin socket for an optional unit so that you can use the optional UT-109R or UT-110R voice scrambler units The UT-108R DTMF decode unit is also available.
4W (typical) front mounted loudspeaker
The IC-F5012 series has a 4W (typical) front mounted speaker providing the operator with clear audio during operation.
Easy to use
The IC-F5012 series has 4 programmable buttons. 8 memory channels can be easily selected with the programmable buttons. Backlit buttons make nighttime operation simple.
Enhanced Scan features
• Priority scan allows you to monitor one or two priority channels while scanning other non-priority channels.
• The Tx channel and talk back functions allow you to make a quick response while scanning.
• Nuisance delete … User can temporarily skip a busy channel from the scanning list.
• Monitor key action … User can stop a scan when pushing the monitor button.
External memory channel control with optional ACC cable
The optional ACC cable allows you to connect various external devices like a PC, external speaker, or even vehicle horn. It can provide ignition sense function, external memory channel control as well as the external PTT, audio output and modulated signal input. The OPC-1939 is a D-SUB 15-pin type and the OPC-2078 is a D-SUB 25-pin type.
• BIIS PTT ID transmission
• ±2.5ppm frequency stability
• DTMF autodial memories