Children’s safety in schools today is a sensitive issue. The concerns run along a spectrum from unsubstantiated scares, right up to the laissez-faire depending on your worldview.
Security is only one aspect of any school or college’s responsibilities of course and is created out of a number of strategies such as, awareness raising, I.D. badges, CCTV, and fencing are all part of the mechanisms for safeguarding staff and students, but to bring all of these individual parts together, requires effective communication.
It’s not only the obvious concerns that need addressing, however, occasionally it’s simply the mundane day-to-day items that need attending to.
The significance of radios for schools and effective communication cannot be exaggerated, whether it is inter-classroom, for janitorial staff, to school leaders and management teams, to call for first-aiders, or even for extramural activities such as events or sports days, the best and most effective method of communication, is a digital two-way radio.
The mobile phone is obviously an amazing piece of kit for so many situations, but for the operational running of a school or college, they can’t touch to a two-way radio.
The advantages of radios for schools are manifold:
- Direct connectivity, no delay or hanging on for a connection to be launched.
- Consistency; radios don’t suffer from coverage or network concerns.
- Easy. Press to talk, release to listen.
- Robust. Radios have better protection against water (some radios have IP ratings that make them almost totally waterproof) dust or vibration.
- Tough build design makes radios substantially less prone to damage from drops and poor handling.
- Multiple tasks, you are able to communicate with numerous operatives simultaneously.
- No call credit.
- Features such as Man Down, Lone Worker and Emergency Alert
- Longer battery life than an average mobile phone.
- Private and Secure. Radios for schools operate on a private and secure network, with encryption features integrated for security. Vital when dealing with confidential or personal details or information within an education context.
NRC already contract to colleges and schools who use radios for a multitude of purposes; when ‘on call’ teams need to be alerted promptly to classroom incidents, or on-site janitorial staff need to send health and safety messages. Many schools use them for range and coverage, due to their clear reception, while other places have used them for discos, charity events, school fun days or summer camps.
Radios for schools should be the go to solution for your staff and students’ security and peace of mind.
To find out more about how NRC can help visit our site, here