NRC has over 30 years’ experience supplying two-way radio solutions to schools, colleges and universities ranging from license free setups in small primary schools to complex bespoke two way communications solutions in large multi-site university campuses.
Protect Your Staff, Students and Visitors
Security is just one of the many responsibilities of schools, colleges and universities and you will undoubtedly already have a number of measures in place to keep students, staff and visitors safe, such as CCTV, fencing, and door codes. All are key components, but quality communications is what will bring them all together. That is where two way radio comes in.
Using two radio radio communication is a fast, reliable and effective way to:
- Facilitate instant communication between staff
- Broadcast calls in cases of emergency
- Contact individuals or groups
- Comply with stringent health and safety regulations
- Coordinate students and staff at events and on field trips
- Manage school security and access
- Enhance grounds and building maintenance
- Maintain social distancing
Radios are ideal for enhancing health and safety , but they’re also a great tool for assisting with the day-to-day running of any school. Whether it’s for teachers, janitors or management teams, they have proven to be a great asset.
While mobile phones are often the obvious option for fast communication, radio use in education is often far more beneficial than mobile. Some key advantages are:
- Direct connectivity, no delay or hanging on for a connection to be launched.
- Consistency; radios don’t suffer from coverage or network concerns.
- Press to talk, release to listen.
- Radios have better protection against water (some radios have IP ratings that make them almost totally waterproof) dust or vibration.
- Tough build design, makes radios substantially less prone to damage from drops and poor handling.
- Multiple tasks, you are able to communicate with numerous operatives simultaneously.
- No call credit.
Two way radio is an invaluable communication resource for any school, college or university – no matter the size. Whether being used by teachers, site managers, caterers or management teams, they have proven to be a fantastic asset and boast a number of features that assist with day to day operations.
Two way radios don’t need to be expensive. At NRC, we are committed to helping you to find the perfect solution for your requirements and budget.
Best Two Way Radios for Education
The DigiX range of two way radios are an excellent choice to ensure the efficient running of your school and although they offer great value, there is no compromise on quality. For larger schools, our high-power DigiX Halo, Neo, Echo and Link radios are the perfect choice, suitable for even the noisiest environments (like the dining hall at lunch time!) For smaller schools, our DigiX Nano, Liberty, Sun and Sea radios are popular for their size, ease of use and affordability.
Why choose NRC Radio?
We understand that reliable two-way radios are critical for schools to create a positive learning environment that is both safe and secure for staff, students, and visitors, and we take the time to learn about your specific needs. This enables us to provide you with a bespoke solution rather than a one-size-fits-all off-the-shelf system.
The clarity and reception on our digital radios from NRC is in a completely different league to anything we have experienced before. We have yet to find an area on campus where the signal does not work 100%. I would have no hesitation in recommending NRC to any organisation looking to improve their mobile radio communications.
Tony Monument, Head of Security at Bangor University