What the future holds for 2 way radios in the industry
Radio is dead! Long live radio!
Analogue, radio has been consigned to history. Digital Two-way radios have evolved into devices for communication adept at handling a wealth of new applications designed to enhance performance and productivity, such as email gateways, GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, SMS, and network integration. Some even include touchscreens and cameras. Mobile phones can also be integrated with radio systems giving immediate connectivity when someone is traveling outside radio coverage area.
There are many reasons to opt for two-way radios over other forms of wireless communication such as:
- call clarity
- coverage (“dead spots” are no longer an issue)
- capacity (reducing any potential for ‘busy’ signals)
- and instant contact (either to an individual or an entire call group)
There are many industries that rely comprehensively on the immediate communication and adaptability of digital two-way radio sets:
- Hospitality: In a restaurant, this means mobile service consoles take orders or process payments and can communicate with radios carried by kitchen staff or duty managers, to allow order updates and customer information to be relayed as quickly as possible.
- Healthcare: Digital systems provide improved audio and can increase efficiency, which is a real cost effective measure as the NHS budget shrinks. Digital radios have the capacity to send and receive private messages to nurses and doctors without causing alarm to patients. IP connectivity further extends the system’s coverage across a wide topography accessing all facilities in a healthcare system.
- Education: Digital radios offer seamless communication between; school sites, coach drivers, offices and janitorial staff. Built-in GPS services allows administrators to track transport or staff to enhance security, safety, and accountability in the event of an emergency by providing an exact situation or location.
- Warehousing: Digital two-way radios have enhanced battery life capacity, helping to reduce work interruptions and downtime.
- Construction: Tough, rugged devices need to be able to hold up in all types of conditions. Environments with high background noise are no longer an issue with the many different accessories available, such as noise-canceling earpiece and headset technology that gives clear communication in almost any context.
And with the innovative WAVE Broadband Push-To-Talk enabling radios, smart devices, phones, and laptops to communicate seamlessly with each other, you can now share voice, text, photos, and video with an individual or group at the push of a button.
With compact mobile phone looks, two-way radio reliability, and secure, smart data abilities, next-gen digital two-way radios surely do offer the best of both worlds.