How digital two-way radios can really help the retail sector thrive
With the rise of online retailers in recent years, bricks and mortar shops are facing increased competition for customers. In order to increase their chances of getting sales from customers physical stores are learning they need to provide an unmatched in-store service to remain profitable.
In order to succeed and persuade customers to purchase in-store, staff need to be offering more to their customers than just a friendly greeting or a smile. Customers shopping online can instantly access a large amount of detailed information about products such as pricing, availability of stock, sizes and promotional deals, in-store customers now want the same service and they want it fast.
This is where the implementation of digital two-way radios can really make a difference. They can create a unified operation where every staff member can be in constant communication with others so they can provide real-time information as a team. When every staff member works together and communicates quickly through two-way radios, they can provide customers with the information they need, fast.
Digital two-way radio application in retail stores
Two-way radios can help retail stores in many ways:
- Shop floor assistants can use them to deal with customer requests quickly and efficiently. They can communicate with other staff members and stock room assistants to check prices, stock levels, delivery schedules and offers.
- Cashiers can use them to check prices if there are any queries or call for a supervisor if they need assistance.
- Stock room assistants can use them to provide information to other departments such as shop floor assistants who need to know when certain pieces are in stock or if a delivery has just arrived.
- Management can use them to communicate instructions to their staff, give out tasks, monitor their resources and keep an eye on the big picture.
- Delivery staff can use them to communicate to stores when they will be arriving, if there are any delays or send for help if they need it. They can also be contacted by other staff members to change their priorities or to provide information on deliveries to respond to customer requests.
Ideal digital two-way radios for the retail sector
We have a range of radios that are perfect for use in retail stores. They have a range of great features which can help your in-store operation run much smoother, so you can provide your customers with the best possible service.
The DigiX Liberty is NRC’s smallest DMR portable radio with a range of impressive features packed inside its compact and lightweight body. The Liberty is even licence free so you don’t need a professional Ofcom radio licence for it to work. Weighing just 135g, this radio is perfect for retail workers to carry round as they go about their job, without it taking up too much space. The long battery life of 12 hours is ideal for those working a long shift and the low battery prompt and battery saving mode ensures you can stay connected for longer. The hands-free VOX technology allows for effective and effortless communication, so your staff can have instant communication whenever they need it.
- Compact and lightweight – most compact professional two-way radio in the UK
- Reliable battery – battery strength indicator, low battery prompt and battery saving mode
- Comes with a free fast charger
- Licence free
- Hands-free VOX
- Easy to use
- Works in both analogue and digital mode
- Two-year warranty
The DigiX Nano is a compact, lightweight but extremely robust PMR that condenses industry leading PMR technology into a miniature, hard shell. With an impressive battery life which is ideal for those longer shifts, it also comes with a range of battery saving features including an optional low battery voice prompt and battery saver mode. With private calling, group calling and ‘call all’ features you can contact one or many different staff members at once. It features remote monitoring which can help keep staff organised and allow management to delegate tasks.
- Compact and lightweight body
- Reliable battery – low battery voice prompt and battery saving mode
- Comes with fast charger as standard
- Easy to use
- A variety of call functions – private, group and all call
- Record feature – record up to 200 hours which can help staff security
- Remote monitoring
- Two-year warranty
The DigiX Atom is simple, lightweight yet effective digital PMR. With just a few buttons, 2 dials and a small display anyone can use it quickly and effectively. The Atom is sleek and compact, weighing just 210g, which is perfect for retail workers as it won’t take up too much space or be too heavy when carried around all day. With an impressive battery life of 16 hours, this will withstand even the longest of shifts. It has an IP66 rating which means it is also water and dust resistant, great for delivery staff or those working in stock rooms. Featuring private, group and all call features you can contact one or a variety of staff at the touch of a button. Remote monitoring allows managers to organise staff and assign tasks to keep the store running efficiently. Small yet powerful, the DigiX Atom is the perfect choice for any application.
- Simple, easy to use design
- Long battery life – 16 hours
- Comes with free fast charger
- A variety of call features – private, group and all call
- Kill/revive function – can be deactivated remotely if it ever falls into the wrong hands
- Dual mode – can work in both digital and analogue modes
- Range of frequency options – VHF or UHF
- Emergency alarm – great for workers working alone
- Call identity
- Remote monitoring
- Small and lightweight
- Call log records
NRC offer a wide range of two-way radios that are perfectly suited to a variety of sectors including the retail sector. If you are looking to purchase digital two-way radios for your retail store, or would like any further information or advice, please don’t hesitate to contact us today.